Old 11-09-2009, 09:06 PM   #37
Hudson

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him
Relationship Status:
Truth is stranger than fiction.

Hudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinker View Post
Hi Ben-Her...

It *seems* that it was offensive to you....based on that initial post. No?

And I think it's kind of difficult to determine that it's "largely offensive to transgender individuals in general". Things like that........where it's kind of a semantics thing.......are difficult to gauge.

I know I wrinkled my nose a bit when I first saw the thread title, but I know Linus well enough to know he meant no harm and that he was trying to be inclusive of transmen *and* transwomen. I also know that trying to nail down terminology in this community that is acceptable to ALL is like trying to nail jello to the wall.

Impossible to do.

Respectfully,
Thinker
Right, I basically said that re: Linus.

No I wasn't offended (like I said). I meant it half-jokingly. I know a whole lotta 'transes' and we's all feel the same. I thought it was pretty common knowledge to be honest. But to each his or her own.

I prefer he or him just for the record.
Hudson is offline   Reply With Quote