Old 03-18-2014, 06:17 PM   #23
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,893 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Mario View Post
SO glad folks are finding this a useful thread! I am now over 50 and just want an

~> INDEX of RESOURCES<~

in order to get some wellness health testing (like a colonoscopy!) without a bunch of unnecessary awkwardness and drama. I'd also like to find an LGBT-friendly Notary Public for some document changes ( I have access to FREE Notaries, but for same reason as above.)

There are big, new Spa-like hi-tech medical facilities nearby to me, but no list to be found of LGBT-friendly docs. But still I am having to schlep away from where I live and go into the nearest city to the LGBT clinic.

The local LGBT resource indexes here in Philly/NJ have old, stale lists, bad links or no information listed in the category!?

WHAT, did every body MOVE??

I'm assuming you mean the Mazonni Center when you talk about LGBT clinic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Mario View Post
Indeed, Dapper.
I was wondering if anyone had issues with Passports stating your TG name, but with the 'F' marker in the gender box(?).
I think there are probably more FtM's than MtF's who are biologically Trans GENDER, not Trans SEXUAL, so the 'F' gender marker must remain.

Also, with Insurance Policies: If the (Coroner's Exam) Death Certificate reads 'F' and ones documents, health and life Insurance Policies read 'M', do Life Insurance Policies become void? I'm sure they would try every measure to screw a beneficiary out of their payment.
In terms of the passport, if the license and passport matches both name (no matter what the name) and gender marker (no matter what the gender marker), I would think the person would be good to go.

Yes, unless your sex is changed legally, you should always use your birth sex on any legal documents (life insurance, car insurance, etc). Your death certificate will state whatever legal sex you are, not what is inbetween your legs.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post: