View Single Post
Old 04-06-2015, 06:02 PM   #8
not2shygrrl

How Do You Identify?:
as a Lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
under the cover of starry starry nights...enjoying a warm fire in the pit !

Thanked 2,454 Times in 546 Posts
not2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputation
Default Amen!!

I admit I don't go to church as much as I want to. I get in this rut, as a Catholic, when I get pissed at my life I blame God and stop going to church! It is because of my love, faith and trust that I always go back. When I get over myself! I am able to be the humble woman that I truly am and I go back to services, confession, in spite of my sins I ask for forgiveness and partake in the body and blood of Jesus.....as I believe in. I am not perfect, but I love the Holy Trinity!

I also believe that we who believe, do pray and honor the same ultimate energy, we all just call him by different names. One in the same for me My faith is positive, (with the exception of my stupid stubbornness) and ingrained in me from childhood. I remember goofing off in church with my siblings with looks and hand gestures and such! I remember looking around and contemplating such things as who will go to communion and who won't! Or looking around and wondering what peoples lives were like at home, and getting a little more serious in thoughts as to the life of Jesus and hearing about it when I listened to the readings! And as I got older, I could not wait to go to mass and pray, the solitude, one on one with the big guy! Arrive a little early and your choice of parking and seating were a bonus, the opportunity to pray in his house, with very little interruptions....was and still is uplifting to me. Confession......face to face is the only way I can do this, not shy in most any aspect of my life.

As long as I can remember liking females, is also as long as I can remember that I never felt that I was going to hell for being a lesbian! I didn't know that word at an early age, but I have never been ashamed of these feelings. My foundations in church were set in early with my parents and siblings. I pray to be a better person, I pray for peace, and I find it hard to pray for things that I want, feeling as if a roof, food and a means for working should be enough. Little by little that is changing! One of my favorite songs is about peace and I use it for my signature in my email......Let there be peace on earth and let it begin with me.

God bless you.
not2shygrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to not2shygrrl For This Useful Post: