Old 07-28-2011, 06:56 AM   #35
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixielady View Post
They love to spout the bible verses. YET...they only spout verses that DO NOT apply to them. I forgot the tally but there are wayyyyyyy more verses dealing with heterosexual and all-inclusive sin than there are for homosexuality. (Yes, Miss Dixie here used to be a Baptist Sunday school teacher...shocking, isn't it? lol) They only pick and choose the parts of the bible that serve their hatred towards others. They downplay or blatantly ignore any parts that apply to them. That's the part that really really really pisses me off. I'm no longer a believer in organized religion, but I do still hold on to some of my spirituality. I don't know which God they think they serve, but according to that bible they like to "throw" at us, that God is a forgiving and loving one. If I did believe in a Heaven, I would get there a lot quicker in my gayness than they will in their judgments of it.

Sorry, did not mean to make this a religious rant, but especially under the Dollywood category it does seem fitting. (Trust me, if you've been there you know what I'm talking about.)
It is very fitting Dixie and we both know it is a big part of our discrimination down here in the south.

I've posted over and over that i believe in God and the Bible, but not the markers and translations that some use. To me it is a guide and it has been so dramatically changed over the years and so harshly thrown in people's faces for the wrong reasons that it makes me want to scream "WHAT GOD ARE YOU SERVING, IT IS A FAR CRY FROM THE ONE I KNOW".

I have a very Southern Baptist Republican mother. Our relationship has been a journey. We still see things totally different, as a lot of the people down here see things different that "us". So what. They can see things the way they want...that is their right as well.

But when they start throwing things at "us" and telling us what we can and can't do and spewing that hatred like what is on the yahoo comments? I want to just leave. Honestly that was one of my first responses yesterday when i was attacked personally. Sometimes, i really just want to give up and move from here. Sometimes i feel like we are floating in a sea of sharks, all of us down here, on a tiny little boat. It's sink or swim. It's jump in that water and know we will get ripped to pieces but maybe open at least one person's eyes.

What are we to do. Really.

Wear our rainbows and try to talk and reason and change people's minds down here? Or walk away. I struggle with this, more and more everyday. Especially when i read things like this.

Breaks my heart.
Maya Angelou
princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post: