How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly Madly Deeply

2 Highscores

Thanked 10,618 Times in 2,489 Posts
Cin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST Reputation

My liver doctor told me I am immunocompromised and have a fifty-fifty shot of ending up in the ICU should I contract covid. Consequently I have kept up to date with my boosters. I've had the regular 2 shots and all 3 boosters as they have become available. My last booster was September 27. They say it takes 2 weeks for the antibodies from a shot to kick in. I started feeling sick on October 14, went for a covid test the next day and it was positive. I had a slight fever on October 14 and that was it. I've had much worse flu and colds. The stomach part was annoying and I did get quite tired but other than that it was not bad at all. Medical professionals agree it was because my vaccine was so fresh that I had such an easy time. No one expected I would breeze through covid. My best advice is get whatever shots you are eligible for. They are relatively painless especially compared to weeks of being tired and miserable or worse yet a trip to the ER or hospitalization. If you are healthy and have a good immune system covid likely won't be worse than a cold or flu, but I don't see any logical reason not to take the extra precaution to make sure you have antibodies. Keep your covid shots up to date and get a flu shot.. That's my opinion. I'm sure glad I did.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Cin For This Useful Post: