Old 03-10-2010, 01:16 AM   #33
fuzzypinkego

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her majesty
Relationship Status:
Open for wooing

fuzzypinkego Has the BEST Reputationfuzzypinkego Has the BEST Reputationfuzzypinkego Has the BEST Reputationfuzzypinkego Has the BEST Reputationfuzzypinkego Has the BEST Reputationfuzzypinkego Has the BEST Reputationfuzzypinkego Has the BEST Reputationfuzzypinkego Has the BEST Reputationfuzzypinkego Has the BEST Reputationfuzzypinkego Has the BEST Reputationfuzzypinkego Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bit View Post
Fuzzy, why do you have to have the prince before you have the baby? If it seems like life is getting on without you--that's how that part of your post read to me--then maybe it would be worthwhile to explore whether you are okay being a single mom, and if you are, just going for it; because yanno, there is no guarantee that even your perfect partner will actually be able to stay in a relationship with you for the child's whole life. People come apart all the time, even those who believe they are soul-mates and those who believe they are perfect for each other.

I personally believe that making the decision to become a parent should be something a mother does by herself, for herself if she isn't already in a relationship... what I mean by that is that I believe a woman should only decide to get pregnant if she believes she is willing and capable of raising a child to adulthood by herself, of accepting sole responsibility for that child's life and financial support, and of acknowledging that anyone else who acts as a parent can never hold the ultimate responsibility--because when you come right down to it, she is the only one who can decide to get pregnant, yanno?

So what I believe is that it's your body and your life, and if a child belongs in it, if you are committed to being a mother, then why wait for a partner?

About finding someone who is compatible, it helps a lot to understand personality types. Once you learn to understand the different ways people process information and make decisions, you can also understand what goes wrong in so many relationships... it really IS communication more often than not.

http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/jtypes2.asp
I guess I'm a bit old fashioned but I really want to be married before I have a child. I want to be the semi-stay-at-home-mom. My mom raised me at home and I want to do the same for my children.

As far as the personalities go, I;m an ENFP, The Idealist Champion, rare and only found in 2-3% of the population.
fuzzypinkego is offline   Reply With Quote