Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Butch. Lesbian. Dyke. Woman. Female.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, of course!
Relationship Status:
Content

Thanked 11,730 Times in 2,432 Posts
Parker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBeingMe View Post
My question for help is how do you post a picture like a screen shot into a post? or a picture you want to post? I have yet to know how to do that. It's something new for me. I also would like to know how to make a link to a thread to be able to be underlined and give it a name? like go here and have here underlined or say link here or something like some of you all know how to do. This thread is very Useful to us all.
Thanks,
Just.
Since Linus already addressed your picture question, I thought I'd do a post for the other stuff: adding a link to your post and underlining it.

And honestly, whenever you (general "you") add a link, it is already underlined, so you dont need to add the underline tags, but I added those steps anyway because while a link is already underlined, it is not automatically in bold or italics and the same steps can apply to those.

Side note: this is a very long post with step-by-step pics which may seem tedious to people who already know how to do this, but if you have never done this sort of thing, skipping a step could make the whole thing seem confusing and intimidating, so I tried to include each step here (I also had to remove some of my smilies because we are limited to 18 pics/smilies, so pretend I added a winky-face here!).

-----

Everything you need for a post is at the top of your posting or editing box:

So I will show this 2 ways: first, posting a link and then adding the text to it and then I will show how to add a link to text you already have in your post.

First, you need a link - I just chose a link to your post:

Then you go to where you want to post your link and click the little button that looks like the world with a chain link (see what they did there?):

This box will then pop up:

Without left-clicking inside the box (the http:// should remain highlighted), right click and past the link you copied into that box and hit "OK":

Your link, text, and tags will look like this:

In that highlighted area between your tags is where you would write the text that you would like your link to appear as:

Then, you can highlight that text an add bold, font, or italics, etc (I added underline here, but again, you dont have to do that):

Making your link, text, tags, and editing look like this:

And your post would look like this:

Now, let's pretend you already have a post with a bunch of text in it:

Go get your link:

Highlight the text you want to appear as a link and click the little world w/a chain link:

Paste your link into the box and hit "OK":

Keeping the text highlighted, you can then add your edits, like bold, font, or italics, etc (again, it will already be underlined when you post it):

Your post with text, link, tags, and edit will look like this:

And your finished post will look like this:

-----

Something I have done before and would suggest to anyone new to this sort of thing would be to open up a post and start playing with the edits. You dont have to actually "submit" the post to see what your post would look like, you can hit "preview" and see what it will look like and then go back and edit, playing around with the buttons, links, etc a little more.

Hope that helped a bit!
Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Parker For This Useful Post: