T D

How Do You Identify?:
Person of the trans variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Sir, Bro, TD, Stevin
Relationship Status:
On occasion

Thanked 1,123 Times in 310 Posts
T D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST Reputation

I think you're a very brave person to pursue this topic. It takes guts to look at ourselves and ask for input from others. Lots of Kudos to you!!

I was in a relationship that I was lied to during the entire 2 years of it. Lies about everything basically. Since it was such a foreign experience for me I had a very difficult time 1.) truly understanding and believing what was happening while it was happening, and 2.) that it had actually happened after it became so blatantly obvious that I had no choice but to acknowledge what was going on and deal with it.

What happen for me as a result is that I seem to have somehow emotionally shut down. I just can't get involved with anyone, I feel close to nothing and trust no one anymore. It's really sad, and honestly has left me feeling very broken. This took place over 4 years ago.

You may move past your current status with more time, and perhaps meeting someone truly rare, patient, and authentic. I think the only way you will know is with time. I can say for myself that I believe it will take someone with these characteristics and much more to ever get me to come around again.

What I find so profoundly sad about situations like this, is how badly people can and do emotionally (and physically) injure others, and seem to think very little to nothing about it. It makes me wonder what the world has come to, and just how emotionally disengaged from our actions we have become as a society. Very sad indeed!

Interesting topic. Thanks for starting it!

All the best to you too!

“Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it.
Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.”
T D is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to T D For This Useful Post: