View Single Post
Old 08-20-2020, 07:08 AM   #4363
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,588 Times in 14,919 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation
Default Baseball Announcer Thom Brennaman Apologizes On-Air, Abruptly Exits Game After Using Homophobic Slur ....

The Cincinnati Reds have announced the suspension of a broadcaster after he uttered an anti-gay slur on the air Wednesday. Play-by-play announcer Thom Brennaman could be heard saying on the Fox Sports Ohio broadcast, "One of the f*g capitals of the world," before then resuming his on-air duties. It's unknown what led to that remark and the context behind it.

Later in the broadcast, Brennaman apologized: “I’m so very, very sorry. I pride myself and think of myself as a man of faith… I don’t know if I’m going to be putting on this headset again.” He went on to apologize “for the people who sign my paycheck, for the Reds, for Fox Sports Ohio, for the people I work with, for anyone I’ve offended here tonight. I can’t begin to tell you how deeply sorry I am. That is not who I am. It never has been, and I’d like to think maybe I could have some people that could back that up. I am very, very sorry, and I beg for your forgiveness.”

IMHO the only thing this dude is sorry about is getting caught!

If there was ever a candidate for someone living on the "down low" or a closet case he could be it, I mean how else might he know what is the f*g capital of the world if not from first hand experience, no pun intended.
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post: