Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
He’s my One & Only

Thanked 32,009 Times in 9,947 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

It's been a huge help to me to attend Al-anon meetings. When I go, I never attend the same group meeting. I go to a variety of new meetings because no day is the same, much like life -- in and of itself.

But, devoting an hour of each day to any meeting I choose to attend, helps me in practicing several skills. Like: letting go, keeping life simple, devoting care and attention to me, making life somewhat more pleasurable, in most all cases as it concerns me.

Sometimes it's not easy to let go. After all, constantly caring for my son's kind of over took my own ability to care about me.

So the biggest gift I give myself daily is doing things that ultimately show how much I care about myself.

That, and riding my bicycle daily. I'm in great shape, I don't feel so stressed out, and I get a lot of joy from taking life and living life in simpler terms of lifestyle choices.
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post: