Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
her poison apple
Preferred Pronoun?:
b. grrl
Relationship Status:
her favorite snack

Thanked 21,373 Times in 6,723 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation
Default fyi

I don't know if you are referring to my post but I've never considered living in Canada a consolation prize. I've talked about it for years and the last few years (with spouse) have looked at it seriously and even chosen a place or two that we think we would enjoy. It's kind of a shock to see anyone would have a problem with someone who's dreamed of living Canada- as if you owned it personally. You don't. It belonged to the indigenous people who lived there thousands of years before your family got there, so technically you are a the product of immigrants and the empire building of England and whose sub ligation of it's people allowed you to take over their country and claim it as your own.

Don't worry, I'm sure you will be able to keep your playground intact. Nobody will want to come where they are not welcomed. But let me make a prediction and say when you have poisoned your land and water with tar sands and killed all your trees and your land is barren, you will cry and beg that America will let you in and I am sure we will be far more welcoming then the reception then you gave me in this thread. Peace.