Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Female/Lesbian/half the athlete I used to be
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Thanked 3,735 Times in 1,168 Posts
Dominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST Reputation

It's been 30 years and I am still trying to figure out Lesbian Culture. I feel like I am an invisable Femme. I've said this on here, and over there and in my real life.

Then I worry about bigoted comments from my on line community. I have no real life *community*, there I am a Lesbian,-Queer would be pushing it.
Comments from my real life lesbian friends are always *You're not Queer enough, except you're a jock*

From the straights that I've told *Really? You're Gay? You don't look it? P A U S E ah, just that jock stuff*

I'm introverted. I write, I draw, I paint. I run, I cycle and I kayak. All very inwardly tranquil. INWARD. The inward things, figments of our imaginations. So unless you look different, unless there is something physically proving ~whatever that is~ theres plenty of room for people to doubt you and judge you and feel justified with the doubting and the judgeing.

As always, writing this has felt very empowering.

Thanks all.

I also become very frustrated always having to explain myself. Maybe thats why I don't.

As long as there was coffee in the world, how bad could things be??
Dominique is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Dominique For This Useful Post: