Old 06-08-2014, 08:46 PM   #13
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,893 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Degotoga View Post
Let me first say that I'm not trying to start anything here or be disrespectful towards you, Dapper.

Based on my experience, Linus, if you're looking for a daily commute truck, I don't recommend a 4-wheel drive. I do a LOT of highway driving so gas mileage is important to me, and when I did the math before I bought my current Tacoma, a 4-wheel drive just wasn't cost effective, for me (despite me really wanting it to be). If the transfer casing isn't used on a regular basis and/or properly maintained, repairs can quickly get costly.

If you're looking for strictly a workhorse, the terrain calls for it and/or you're not concerned with gas mileage, I wouldn't have anything but a 4-wheel drive. My truck gets good highway mileage, yet is more than capable of handling my weekend warrior activities. It has a solid suspension with good ground clearance that can handle some tricky terrain without your mileage taking a hit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
The 4 wheel drive would be for winter driving when we move back to Canada.
No offense taken, Degotoga. Linus said that part of the reason he would get a truck was if they moved back to Canada. This was the reason I said 4 wheel drive.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote