Old 09-07-2010, 08:08 AM   #31
kassykit

How Do You Identify?:
Just me
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her,
Relationship Status:
Single

kassykit Has the BEST Reputationkassykit Has the BEST Reputationkassykit Has the BEST Reputationkassykit Has the BEST Reputationkassykit Has the BEST Reputationkassykit Has the BEST Reputationkassykit Has the BEST Reputationkassykit Has the BEST Reputationkassykit Has the BEST Reputationkassykit Has the BEST Reputationkassykit Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnderD_503 View Post
Don't eat much salad. I tend to eat more steamed or baked veggies than salad. Anyways, when I do eat a salad I prefer baked chicken breast with red vinegar (red wine vinegar or raspberry vinegar), along with baby tomatoes. I could eat baby tomatoes all day
Ohhh me too and i have to be very carefull with them! baby tomatos are awesome! and addicting..... or at least for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachita View Post
Oh man I am a salad queen! almost every thing I eat is in bowls. I grow micro greens and other live things. I love LIVE just picked food. This is major for me. But I also love Earthbounds organic romaine hearts. love love these.
always tomatoes, chopped herbs, cukes, sometimes raw fresh soy beans, roasted peppers, olives, all most anything I can chop up raw, hulled hemp seeds a must, sometimes dried cranberries, nuts.

I like crumbly blue cheese or crumble goat cheese, a good olive oil like lucini and balsamic vinegar.

I also posted somewhere a dressing I make- an asian ginger I use fresh ginger, toasted sesame oil, hemp oil, garlic, soy an little honey. Amazing!

when I grill any kind of meats I often cut it up and put on my salad. Like I said most of what I eat all gets piled in a bowl.
I do this too, most meat seems very "heavy" i like fresh fruits and veggies... i used to get made fun of for this ... growing up in a family where the normal is a huge plate of spaghetti (which i like in moderation) and 6 pieces of garlic toast (again i like in moderation) and for desert...............4 or 6 twinkies! no wonder i struggle :P :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
I'm working on losing weight also, so I thank everyone for giving Me new ideas on salads and different ideas to make My own with. What about sharing any kind of salad recipes (if anyone has any) or ones for dressings? Would be nice to have new things to try
Try taking a suppliment called chromin it helps with weight loss, or at least it did for me! I take a lot of vitamins one of those one a day diabeties health pack and glucosamine for my joints (if your on meds check with doctor to make sure no interfers) also don't forget to slowly inegrate exercize!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachita View Post
if you're losing weight try to watch sodium. that includes many dressings BUT maybe for now look for bottled natural low fat. Ken's Italian makes a healthy choice. When you get closer to your target start getting fancy. I like using hemp oil and sometimes mix with apple cider vinegar and a bit of honey. ACV is very strong and is an excellent fat burner. In fat try a few tablespoons a day in a small glass of water, lemon juice drink down fast.

Chop up broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, tomatoes, cukes, bell peppers, whatever you want all together raw. add some feta and canned beans, organic, rinse well and mix, add ken's healthy choice, mix and store. You can eat any time, as much as you want. Throw it on a cup of brown rice or eat alone with chicken. The beans and all those veggies will help you feel full and in three weeks, along with spinach green smoothies you'll feel great! You'll have so much energy you'll be zipping around and weight will start melting off
i think they sell ACV in pill form for weight loss, or at least where i used to work does!!

=Love shared is love doubled.... pain shared is pain cut in half..........share your life with me, and i'll share mine with you...
kassykit is offline   Reply With Quote