Old 04-29-2013, 02:33 PM   #238
maryam

How Do You Identify?:
femme-ish
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
taken

maryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputation

HEE! Being Poly means it takes me forever to get stuff done! I'll post pics in my gallery here, maybe as I get them done. I should probably wake up my Ravelry again, and use their cataloging stuff. The thing is, my family is there, so I'm constrained what I post there. Maybe I need a second account. Rav frowns on that sort of thing, except in extreme cases, but I still might do it so I can let my freak flag fly more freely. (Holy Alliteration Batman!) But then I'd need to find more freaks to hang out with. (I stick with family friendly groups, over there.)

Warm Up America is a neat program where you can make blanket squares, and drop them off at designated collection points, and volunteers will seam them up and donate them in your community. A lot of Michael's and JoAnn's stores serve as drop off points. They always need volunteers to seam up, but I kind of suck at it, so I don't usually do that part! But I have helped package, deliver and make the cards that go with them. They have a website if you'd like to find a collection point in your area. Or you can set one up!

The website has directions and patterns to download, but honestly, as long as your squares are 7 by 9 inches, (technically a rectangle!) the patterns don't matter. I've been picking patterns that I'd like to learn out of my stitch dictionary and using those. It seems to work out okay! I just make sure I have a firm, garter stitch border to make seaming them up easier. Usually it's 3 rows of garter at the top and bottom, and then knit at least the first and last 3 stitches on each row. Depending on the stitch multiples needed for the pattern, the number at each end may change, so I just make sure there's at least 3 on each end.
maryam is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maryam For This Useful Post: