How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
UNattainable

2 Highscores

Thanked 13,229 Times in 2,884 Posts
SnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJo View Post
I use this phrase, and I come more from where Playful does...

If I believe something. then I think it works or is that way...can't prove it, just pretty much think that's true. I believe that it's better to be kind than cruel (unless the cruelty is a consensual thing )

If I say "my truth" then I'm not saying it's the truth for everyone...but it is for me. And it's something that goes way beyond belief or thinking or a feeling...it's my truth.

My truth is that, as a diabetic, I cannot eat and behave like non-diabetics do...or I'll probably go blind. Not true for all diabetics (because scientifically speaking there's a huge range in what diabetics can and can't do)...but it is true for me.

My truth is that I must work and be independent to a certain degree. I'm not saying it's better. I'm not saying it's "right." I'm not saying it applies to everyone. I also know that it's more than an "I belive" or an "I think"....it's a visceral thing. When I am dependent and vulnerable I panic and lash out and generally fall apart. I anticipate the worst and, if it doesn't happen, I live in constant anxiety that it will. That's my truth.

For me, when I say "my truth" the emphasis is on my, not on truth...and it applies only to me.
Thanks for this post! I have seen the phrase "This is My truth" or "this is true to me" used MANY times (online and in real time). Hell, I have even used the phrase before. Of course, my thought process emphasizes the ""MY" in that phrase.

To me, the phrases "I believe" and "this is my truth" are the same. It comes from a personal side. I do not find either statement to be judgemental. Again, the emphasis is based on that particular individual.

"There's something to be said for not saying anything"
SnackTime is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to SnackTime For This Useful Post: