View Single Post
Old 07-19-2011, 11:09 PM   #77
Slater

How Do You Identify?:
Butch

Slater Has the BEST ReputationSlater Has the BEST ReputationSlater Has the BEST ReputationSlater Has the BEST ReputationSlater Has the BEST ReputationSlater Has the BEST ReputationSlater Has the BEST ReputationSlater Has the BEST ReputationSlater Has the BEST ReputationSlater Has the BEST ReputationSlater Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJo View Post
In a different thread, someone (other than Jar) posted that a life without belief in God basically had no meaning. Frankly, I got pissed.
I heard an argument made that a belief in God (at least in the Christian style) renders life meaningless. What happens here isn't really important, what truely matters is what comes next.

I don't entirely believe that argument but it makes an interesting point. I think it's one of the things that has always bothered me about most religions. I believe, regardless of whether or not there is a "next", while we are here then here is all that matters. If there is anything beyond here, it will attend to itself when the time comes. I cannot accept that life is nothing more than the drudgery we have to endure to earn a reward in some afterlife.
Slater is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Slater For This Useful Post: