Old 06-19-2017, 09:22 AM   #620
StoicStone

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Butch..............
Preferred Pronoun?:
No preference...............
Relationship Status:
single...............

StoicStone Has the BEST ReputationStoicStone Has the BEST ReputationStoicStone Has the BEST ReputationStoicStone Has the BEST ReputationStoicStone Has the BEST ReputationStoicStone Has the BEST ReputationStoicStone Has the BEST ReputationStoicStone Has the BEST ReputationStoicStone Has the BEST ReputationStoicStone Has the BEST ReputationStoicStone Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
There is no way around the fact that the trans boy has an advantage because he is taking testosterone. If he was not taking testosterone, than he would not have an advantage.

The issue is hormones, not how one identifies when it comes to fair competition.

The positive about this happening, is that when the parents become upset that their daughters' competitor has an unfair advantage, the rule will change in Texas and transitioning boys will wrestle on the male team (and hopefully, trans girls who are taking testosterone blockers will play on the girls teams). When this happens it will be fair for all the kids.

I think it is nice that a "resident of Austin" and one of the cis girls said they welcoming of him playing with the girls, but it just simply isn't fair. It isn't good for anyone.

Thanks for posting this.
Please forgive my ignorance on the subject of hormone therapy, but I fail to see how testosterone in and of itself would give someone an unfair advantage. I am old and there was no girls wrestling team when I went to high school, but if there were at 5' 11" and 180 lbs I could have easily beaten most girls and boys in my weight class, as I had a very muscular upper torso ,without testosterone therapy.
Greco Roman wrestling is more about upper body strength and center of gravity. (I am assuming that anyone wrestling is being aggressive, it is not a passive sport.)
Please enlighten me as to how the testosterone gave an advantage.

That being said I do believe that transgendered youth should be participating on the teams of their gender identity, not the gender on their birth certificates.
StoicStone is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to StoicStone For This Useful Post: