Thread: Western Canada!
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2012, 12:04 PM   #23
foxyshaman

How Do You Identify?:
spiritually minded dirt dog

Thanked 2,593 Times in 663 Posts
foxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by chai~ View Post
The book I am reading is just one of those silly ones,_____ for dummies, so, It's Women Spirituality for dummies.

It has a log of info, and is an easy and quick read.

I am going to look into doing a retreat this year, I have never done one before!
I hope you do a silent retreat. I often have patients who complain of not being able to shut off their brains. Or not being able to relax. A monk I studied with once told me..."how do people know they will not like chanting for an hour if they have never tried it"... I try to apply that to all things to quiet my mind. I believed i was one of those who could never quiet my mind, what I didn't know, was that I wasn't really trying.

When I first started yoga, I had a helluva time staying in my body. I was ssssoooo used to being outside my body, I had no idea what it meant to be in my body. Disassociation was a way of life for me. And when I first heard... when your muscle is tight breathe into it. I was all like....wwwhhhaaaatttt... now I am all like...ooohh that hurts...oh wait (deep breath).

I won't at all criticize you for reading Dummies books. I have yet to find one that does not have some interesting tidbits of information and tips. Read on girl.... read on.

Muriel Strode
foxyshaman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to foxyshaman For This Useful Post: