Old 03-17-2020, 12:33 PM   #54
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi View Post
OK....I'm not sure how to even explain this whole thing but here goes.......Femmes I need answers as to why other femmes act the way they do. And I just wasn't happy being disrespected. OK here goes the story......there was this femme that I have known for many years but just online and there was never anything between us except friendship as far as I knew. Well when we met I was single. But that isn't the case anymore. She insisted on calling me Hun and Babe even when I requested she stop. I was told that was how she talked. This femme is very high maintenance and expects to be catered to. Now I agreed to do some work for her which she kinda took as a free line to me whenever she wanted. Now I'm not much for talking on the phone. and this femme would insist it was business and we just HAD to talk etc. It really just ended up being over an hour of my time wasted on nothing. And she was impossible to get off the phone once she was on.

Now all this behavior was sending me the signals that she was trying to stake some claim to me that she has no right to. Am I wrong in that?
I mean she was very into talking all the time and taking up my time and I spent a good amount of time doing work for her. I have seen NO payment for any of it.

Now this fall we met in person and spent a day. She met my gf and everything. She was high maintenance all day which really wears me thin. Then she stopped at Walmart and I opted to wait in the car. When she finished shopping like 45 min to an hour later she threw a fit that she was disabled and legally blind (meanwhile she's driving all over in a rental car)etc. But I needed the break and wasn't going to apologize for it. Another red flag to me. I ain't your butch! Since I haven't been paid at all, I started setting boundaries with her as to how I would communicate with her. This ended our working relationship. Now I'm still owed total payment which I'm not holding my breath for.

Tell me.....did I miss read this whole situation? I think I was just too nice for to long.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi View Post
I was asking if she had ulterior motives. I have been told that some femmes are that way. That they have to stake their claim on a butch. I'm not available for any femme to do that but my gf. She is the only one who has a right to stake any sort of claim.
I agree with Cheryl and Collette.

Here's the truth as I see it: you're a pretty easy going person that doesn't like to rock the boat and was genuinely trying to help someone....she's out for what she can get.

I'm from the South and the 'hun', 'babe' stuff is bullshit. Yes, it's part of the language but when you directly told her it made you uncomfortable, that should have been the end of it. IMMEDIATELY. When it didn't happen, you should have given her an ultimatum. If she crossed that line again, and it was very clear that she would and did, you should have cut ties. Again, immediately. And permanently. It's physics; every action has an equal and opposite reaction.

Eleanor Roosevelt said “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” This can be applied to your situation in that she was able to repeatedly cross the boundaries you set because you allowed her to and did not create firm repercussions for the discretion. Honestly, some people need a firmer touch to get the point across.

IMO, and this is coming from someone who completely totally and absolutely adores your GF and would squish her into a billion bits of artsy joy if I could, I find the other person's actions completely disrespectful of not only you but your GF and of your relationship with her. That alone would have caused me to brake hard. No one puts Baby in the corner and no one disrespects my partner and relationship when I have one. Hard pass!

As for the phone thing, I have a customer who has a brother that will keep her on the phone forever too. He also makes her feel like crap. I told her to just hang up on him if she sets a boundary..."I only have 15 minutes to talk"...and he blows over it...to say "Time's up; I have to go" and hang up on his ass.

No one can take what you don't freely give. Even if it was because you were trying to be nice or trying to suck it up for a paycheck in the end, you were being disrespected. Your love was being disrespected. Your lover was being disrespected. Your choice to continue to allow that behavior without consequence only encouraged it.

So, to answer your original question...yes, you were being too nice for too long. Yes, she had ulterior motives. Furthermore, yes, this could have been nipped in the bud if firm boundaries had been laid down, with real and finite consequences outlined and then followed through upon when they were ignored.

People treat you how you let them treat you. Sometimes that means being an asshole to protect yourself from being used. You just have to think about what's worse...hurting their feelings (if they have them....this person sounds very manipulative) for a moment or hurting yourself and your loved one in the long term. I guarantee you've spend more time fleshing this out then she has.

As for the website, if you still have it and can sell it or parts of it, do it. Making money was a reason it was designed, right? Get what you can out of it and get rid of the rest. Cut ties with this person, immediately and permanently. They are bad juju.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post: