View Single Post
Old 04-05-2010, 07:28 PM   #1
Kenna

How Do You Identify?:
Fiery, Sassy, Tough As Nails, Femme Tomboy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
I am your favorite hello and hardest goodbye.

Thanked 12,109 Times in 3,757 Posts
Kenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST Reputation
Default Dedications, Celebrations, Devotions from the Heart; for those who have touched our lives

I looked around every corner and under the rug, I even looked under the bed but all I found was dustbunnies, a Route 66 box, and a lurking peep ...but I couldn't find a thread for Dedications to the wonderful, amazing people that have touched our lives... in the past or present, living or passed-on, far away or near... or to Mentors that you have never met, but who have had a huge impact on you (like Helen Keller did for me).

I found a thread for Grieving, but not one were we offer a Dedication... since I've felt much grief in my life, I have this overwhelming feeling to focus on how important certain people, pets or the occasional stranger that touches my life and changes it forever, have been; instead of focusing on my grief (which brings out my PTSD sometimes). In my life, I learned early to tell people I love what they mean to me or how I admire them. Sadly, I missed that chance with a couple people. So I try hard to let others know. When I write a Dedication, it brings me good feelings... when I write about my grief, I get flashbacks and more pain. I think Andrew's thread for Grieving is wonderful and very supportive to anyone who needs it. Thanks Andrew! But it wasn't quite what I was looking for... if this isn't the place to open this thread, lemme know... the first/last one I opened was about Waxing&Shaving "intimate" parts... so I'm still a newbie at this...

Please share Stories; Letters; Thank You Notes; Shared Memories; What Things - like smells, sights, nicknames, keepsakes, songs, "gramma's comfort foods", etc - Remind You Fondly Of Someone Special; How Has A Favorite Pet Affected Your Life or Helped You Overcome A Hardship; What Kind Words Would You Like To Say To Someone That Is No Longer With you....(fill in the blank..)...

Dedications, Celebrations and Devotions From Your Heart...

Last edited by Kenna; 04-05-2010 at 07:30 PM.
Kenna is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Kenna For This Useful Post: