View Single Post
Old 11-05-2009, 09:05 PM   #12
Mister Bent

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 5,829 Times in 1,721 Posts
Mister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonne-maman View Post
Oh, ya know, Mr. Bender, marginalization, invisibility, not allowing lifetime lovers to visit each other right before one of them kicks the bucket. Also included, what happens when your lover marries a man and expects things not to change between you and her, what happens when you abandon her because she married the man and she does, really, feel abandoned, as do her children. And, the little things, like having the courage to kiss in the yard while raking leaves.
I made fun, but I really did want to know what you meant (which I think YOU know). Some of those are more than just lesbian issues, they are universal to the queer experience - marginalization, lack of (external) respect for the relationship and kissing while raking leaves. Kissing while having a bake sale is another, of course. Very cutting edge!

(Also, e isn't really the man, but sometimes she is The Man).
Mister Bent is offline   Reply With Quote