View Single Post
Old 11-18-2009, 04:48 PM   #14
chrisbutch

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Relationship Status:
single

chrisbutch Has the BEST Reputationchrisbutch Has the BEST Reputationchrisbutch Has the BEST Reputationchrisbutch Has the BEST Reputationchrisbutch Has the BEST Reputationchrisbutch Has the BEST Reputationchrisbutch Has the BEST Reputationchrisbutch Has the BEST Reputationchrisbutch Has the BEST Reputationchrisbutch Has the BEST Reputationchrisbutch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybersuebee View Post
I grew up seeing "Ciad Mille Failte" posted everywhere, so I actually understood the title. I'm from the Island of Cape Breton, off the coast of Nova Scotia, Canada, where gaelic customs are alive and well in the "New World". Being a Scottish/Irish hybrid, I'm glad to see my "Old World" cousins on the site! Welcome! And bring a little of the motherland's charm and culture to us now and again!

Sue
Welcome Sue!! Conas ata tu? ( how are you ? ) Drop in anytime and I will have the cupla focail ( couple of words ) of the Gaeilge for ya!!
Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arwen View Post
Oh what a lovely place to be! My aunt has gone back to Ireland and connected with our cousins there. I am not sure where they are but they are Kanes and Lynches at the closest connection.

Some day I will visit there and I will also go to Annandale, Scotland where my Johnston clan was from.

I'll have tea, please. Biscuits too?
Cupan tae ( cup of tea ) coming right up!! Would you like some Irish Barm Brack with that??