katsarecool

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Woman
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 1,765 Times in 734 Posts
katsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputation

This topic has brought back memories I thought I had put to rest forever and it has haunted me since I read this thread. I have never talked about this to anyone.

Back in 2004 I had a relationship with a person who had a quick temper and reacted badly when anyone disagreed with her or did not do as she said. She reacted violently at times. Then it was my turn. On three different occaisions I had to ask her to leave my home and then ended up calling the police for help. Each time she ended up taking the phone from me and talking her way out of it.

On a vacation trip to the beach with others she blew up at me. In the car on the way home (a hundred miles from home) we argued about what happened. She reached across the car and grabbed my wrists as I tried to get out of the car (she had pulled over to the side of the road).

The last straw is when she restrained me in front of my family and the police took it seriously. It has taken years for me to get over this. And get over the shame and humiliation too.

I only had one more relationship after that and a year later I gave up and decided to work on me and have been alone ever since (Mar 2006). So I have trust issues. And trying to work on that too.

Thanks for bringing this subject in out of the dark.