Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Thanked 28,131 Times in 6,414 Posts
Arwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
I consider myself Buddhist. I haven't found a Sangha here in NY that I feel at home with so I've been self teaching and trying to understand. I am hoping that I might find something once i move to Los Angeles but until then, an online option would be the best way to go. I'll admit that it was Lama Surya Das' books that appealed to me and I'm hoping to get through the Tibetan Book of the Dead.

I was curious if there are others out there.

I have a very very good friend in Denver who is Buddhist. He and I have had some of the most amazing conversations around what it is and isn't for him. When we first met, he was an athiest. His journey has been mind-blowing to watch.

His wife and I share a Wiccan path. I find that Buddhist are some of the least judgmental folk. I admire that. It's something I really struggle with.

Love you, Linus!
Arwen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Arwen For This Useful Post: