Old 08-26-2010, 06:09 AM   #13
Jess
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
decidedly indifferent
Preferred Pronoun?:
other

Thanked 5,702 Times in 1,684 Posts
Jess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST Reputation

I'm really glad to see folks viewing this and passing info on. I truly believe that until we have equal rights across the board that we will continue to see the types of abuse, neglect and indifference in our elderly community. It is a very sobering thought to realize that after a lifetime of fighting to just "be", we could be treated so poorly when we are no longer able to care for ourselves.

This brings up a lot for me and I hope that whatever aspect of equality folks focus on ( Equal marriage/ DADT/ ENDA) that we do so with vigor. They may appear to be different causes to "straight" folks, but they are all tied inextricably to one another. It is my deepest prayer that as we make headway in each battle, the end of the war draws closer.

It is also my firm belief that until we are seen as equal in the eyes of the law, our other differences will remain as obstacles in our evolution as a community. This, I am sure, is the hope of every Evangelical group out there. Divide and conquer.

Thanks again for taking a minute to view the link!
Jess is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jess For This Useful Post: