SleepyButch

How Do You Identify?:
Dude
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him
Relationship Status:
Taken

Thanked 11,244 Times in 2,753 Posts
SleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST Reputation

I forgot and was also reminded that I still had not disclosed my test results. Then I forgot what the my specific personality type is. Soooo.. here I am to finish what I started.

I'm an ISTJ. So let's see what that means....

ISTJ - The Duty Fulfiller

Serious and quiet, interested in security and peaceful living. Extremely thorough, responsible, and dependable. Well-developed powers of concentration. Usually interested in supporting and promoting traditions and establishments. Well-organized and hard working, they work steadily towards identified goals. They can usually accomplish any task once they have set their mind to it.

ISTJ Strengths

• Honor their commitments
• Take their relationship roles very seriously
• Usually able to communicate what's on their minds with precision
• Good listeners
• Extremely good (albeit conservative) with money
• Able to take constructive criticism well
• Able to tolerate conflict situations without emotional upheaval
• Able to dole out punishment or criticism when called for

I would agree with most of this above. Makes me look pretty desireable doesn't it? Well until you see this part:

ISTJ Weaknesses

• Tendency to believe that they're always right
• Tendency to get involved in "win-lose" conversations
• Not naturally in-tune with what others are feeling
• Their value for structure may seem rigid to others
• Not likely to give enough praise or affirmation to their loved ones

I don't agree with some of this.. like... I'm not always right.. unless I am right... which I cannot help if it's all the time! I think I'm pretty intuitive when it comes to other's feelings. I used to be one who didn't give enough praise and affirmation but I try to make it a point now in my relationships to do so because it's important.

What else.. let's see....

ISTJs are committed, loyal partners, who will put forth tremendous amounts of effort into making their relationships work. Once they have made a commitment to a relationship, they will stick with it until the end. .

Sexually, the ISTJ is likely to approach intimacy from a physical perspective, rather than as a means of expressing love and affection. They usually have a problem expressing their deepest feelings, even though they may be very strongly felt. They will expect sex on a relatively scheduled basis, and are likely to honor traditions regarding gender role-playing. Male ISTJs will assert their perspective on their partners, while female ISTJs will tend to follow along with what their male counterparts want (although they will be uncomfortable with anything extremely out of the traditional norm).

The ISTJ's natural partner is the ESFP, or the ESTP. I don't necessarily agree with this either. I could find an ESFP or ESTP that didn't understand the I part of my equation and that is a means for disaster in my book. I cannot have someone who wants to force me into situations in which I am not comfortable and I've had it happen too many times.

Anyway, interesting to say the least. I was on the cusp of S and N but since it leaned slightly towards the S side of things, I went with it.

You cannot embrace those things that will not embrace you back.
SleepyButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SleepyButch For This Useful Post: