Old 05-26-2014, 05:00 PM   #6
Femminator

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
feminine pronouns
Relationship Status:
Married, but not legally in my state!

Femminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST Reputation

My youngest is 15 and really into Anime. I feel it's pretty benign actually. It's just a new thing, and I guess I am lucky I also have a 17 yr old son and a 22 yr old daughter that is into it, as well. They go to JFAX(japanese films and art expose) at my eldests University and they do Cosplay(like Trekkies, they dress up as their favorite character. I figure that as long as I keep on eye on it an watch that the concepts are not too sexually charged, there are worse things they could be doing.

My kids are all(even my son) outspoken Feminists and these stories have impacted none of them as far as women's rights or thinking that males should be dominate. They talk quite frequently about how the culture there is male run and is behind the times. I would just make sure to discuss it with your daughter so she understands that the culture their is different and not woman friendly. Kids are actually quite smart and are happy to listen to your point of view, or discuss theirs. Even if they never actually act like they are listening.