How Do You Identify?:
Hardcore bullheaded grown-ass Tomboy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
she loves my shaggy hair

Location: The backroom of a night cafe plotting world domination
Thanked 3,299 Times in 568 Posts
Jett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST Reputation
Default Gender Fluidity

Loosely a person who is consistently, rhythmically gender fluid or flexible that doesn't fit neatly into the binary confines of one gender or another nor the idea that a person feels only one gender energy in life. It can be an identity, "Gender Fluid", on it's own, or an identity within or on top of an identity such as Butch, Femme, Trans, Boi etc. or for some it can be a simple state of being with or without other IDs.

A gender fluid person may experience feeling "both" simultaneously and/or make subtle shifts between the feeling of one then another. For some maybe it's drastic but for me not a slish-slosh sudden parting of the red sea, it's a clear ebb and flow of a tide of energies, not male/female, not woman/man but the hard sharp lines and soft curves of energies... of which neither ever leaves me entirely... but there is a "base energy".

This is what gender fluid is to me.

I think it's one of the more misunderstood and invalidated gender experiences. I've heard people intricately argue why gender cannot be fluid, or how it's an affront. And well perhaps it's a stick to their binary eye or their personal experience is more linear than mine. I dunno, but viva la difference. (I definitely invite all contrary opinions here)

For the sake of clarity I'm not talking Switches or extreme sport cross dressing. To me that's something else entirely (though thinking now, I imagine it could intertwine for some). I've always been very boy-ish outwardly despite the fluidity except in subtle outward so-called gender "inconsistencies" that fit with my own personal likes and dislikes.

I realize it's different for everyone who is more gender fluid, different starting places, different extremes, general opinions. I'm just curious to hear others thoughts. Any takers?
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Jett For This Useful Post: