View Single Post
Old 03-26-2011, 11:33 AM   #8
citybutch

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
I answer to "hey you" (either works for me!)
Relationship Status:
19 years together- Very Married for 10 years

Thanked 1,196 Times in 355 Posts
citybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputation

Thanks for sharing Andrew. I have a very similar experience. I was in a really tough relationship, my brother was dying of colon cancer... and I was struggling in my career. I had a very difficult time finding my center. I was flying back East once a month to be with my brother and family. A couple things brought me to some level of peace:

Conversations with God by Neale Donald Walsch was sitting on my Mother's coffee table and I picked it up and never put it down...

My good friend Mary Daly was on the Roseanne Show (talk show) and a bunch of us were there in the Green Room with her and the audience as well... And Mary's words were basically "Get OUT of the Fear"...

And a transformative drive back to San Diego after the taping of that show... I literally had to stop on the side of the highway with what felt like an A-HA moment. I also identify it as a spiritual touch.

My relationship ended shortly after this... My brother died a few months later... But I had my center... somehow I made it through.

By the end of the year I had met the woman who would become my wife, made Comeback of the Year award from my company, among a few other stand out events.

I seek out my spiritual center at many points every day of my life. Although I find guidance from the words of Jesus and the Christ within me... I also draw direction and guidance from many different spiritual traditions.

There is no one path to God....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew, Jr. View Post

Thank you for this thread, Citybutch.

I am Roman Catholic. I find a great deal of comfort in my faith. However, along the way, I have been out of the Church for over 20+ years before walking thru the doors of any Church. I returned when my older sister was dying of cancer.

Now, before all of that, in those 20+ years I began to explore many other faiths and belief systems like Buddism, and such. I don't believe that one religion is better than another. I also believe that we all are interconnected, humananity, animals, earth, nature, and such.

I believe in forgiveness, and an after life. I also believe that there is a heaven and hell. Hell can be anything one imagines it to be. I also believe in karma.

I have an alter in my home. I believe in daily prayer. And I believe in praying for other people.

Namaste,
Andrew

Take care of your body, take care of your health... You never know when the walls cave in and it all changes for good.
citybutch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to citybutch For This Useful Post: