How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme shark baby girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, little one
Relationship Status:
dating myself.

1 Highscore

Thanked 6,437 Times in 1,288 Posts
aishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputation

i've never been to pride and i don't really have strong associations with it.

in my queer muslim circles we call it eid-ul-queer...i.e., like muslim gay christmas and we wish each other happy eid-ul-queer.

but i've never lived anywhere with a big pride - most people go out of town for pride where i've lived, and i couldn't go. i guess i associate participating in pride with my friends who live in locations with huge pride events (i love seeing the pictures on facebook), and with having financial ability/mobility to be able to travel to pride, which is something a lot of people i know don't have. i "come home" to my queer family at a couple of other events throughout the year...for me those events hold the symbolism that pride seems to hold for many people.

i help organize a local queer youth group...since there isn't a pride parade in lawrence, we organized a small pride parade here this year that was entirely put on by queer and trans* middle and high school youth. unfortunately i got sick and couldn't go. i'm looking forward to seeing it grow next year, though
aishah is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to aishah For This Useful Post: