Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
I usually just poke it with a stick.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Bitch
Relationship Status:
Intertwined deeply

Thanked 21,385 Times in 4,808 Posts
dixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputation
Default Please help...

I hope that as a "healthy pet" thread someone might be able to help me. I'm at my wit's end. Here is the background info: Normally I adopt all my pets from the humane society, but my gf has wanted a Boston Terrier since she was a child. I had Bostons when I was growing up and know them to be wonderful sweet animals so I went to a breeder (not a puppy mill type), and got a little boy, papers and all. The lady assured me that the puppy was up to date, vaccinated, de-wormed, etc. I also got to view the lady's other pets, as well as the parents and siblings of the puppy. They all seemed to be in perfect health so I felt confident in my purchase. I gave the puppy to my gf on Christmas Day. His name is Butch and he's around 10 wks old. He's been a wonderful, hyper, seemingly normal, happy puppy since the day we brought him home. Until last night...

Around midnight last night, he started throwing up. He refuses to eat or drink, and has become very lethargic. Now, not only is he throwing up a white foamy substance, he has also been having a horrible liquid diarrhea. I can tell he is dehydrated from the elasticity of his skin. We've been trying to get liquids into him with a puppy feeder syringe-looking thing, but it's just not enough. There are only two vets in our town, and being weekend they won't even return the emergency calls. We've also tried calling the only 24/7 emergency vet which is almost 2 hours away but they couldn't see him today either. I don't know how in the world he got so sick so fast, in just a matter of hours. He is monitored closely, and there's nothing hazardous he could have gotten in to. Could it be an underlying illness that he's had this entire time? He's had no symptoms at all of anything before last night. I am so confused and so worried.

I am freaking out here, crying on and off, and terrified that he is dying. I don't know what to do! I can't stand the thought that the little guy is suffering. Does anyone have any idea of what I can do to help him until I can get a vet to see him? Any way that I can give him some kind of comfort? Any better ideas on how to get at least fluids in him? Any advice or ideas would be so greatly appreciated. We love this little angel and can't stand the thought of losing him so soon after finding him. We would all be heartbroken, because my son is totally attached to him too. Please help...

dixie is offline   Reply With Quote