Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Mr. Prickly Porcupine
Preferred Pronoun?:
Butch - Hy, Hym, Hys
Relationship Status:
She has softened My quills

Thanked 5,264 Times in 2,732 Posts
JakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady_Wu View Post
Our ancestors viewed the earth as rich and bountiful, which it is. Many people in the past also saw the earth as inexhaustibly sustainable, which we know is the case only if we care for it. It is not difficult to forgive damage done in ignorance. Today,however,we have access to more information,and it is essential that we reexamine ethically what we have inherited,what we are responsible for,and what we will pass on to coming generations.
(H.H.The Dalai Lama)

Just a comment unrelated to His Holiness' remarks but related to His Holiness. My one real wish to have happen before I die is to be in the presence of His Holiness, to hear Him give a Dharma talk or to teach upon a text. Many Tibetans see Him as Chenrezig (Avolakitsvara), The God of Compassion. I do, also. If He were to instruct me to stand in front of a speeding train, I would do so without hesitation. I would be convinced that would be some reason,unbeknownst to me that I should do so.
Lady_Wu

Lady_Wu,

Thank you for this post. Again so timely and so very true. Generations and generations... have treated the Earth is though it was a human "garbage can".. and in that thinking.. thought the Earth would sustain us.. and turn a blind eye. Mother Nature is tired. The Earth is tired. We as it's inhabitants have a responsibility to take care of it. .. and to take care of the other inhabitants that can not always take care of themselves, let alone their surroundings.

On the "meeting" note. I had a chance to meet His Holiness when I lived out West. Alas, My work schedule did not afford Me the chance. However, I am with you on wanting that meeting.. it is on My "list".

Peaceful evening to you.

Namaste,
Jake

JakeTulane is offline   Reply With Quote