Old 06-23-2010, 03:46 PM   #77
Lady_Wu

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Queer Stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
M'Lady
Relationship Status:
given up looking *sigh*

Lady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST Reputation
Default Re: The Daily H.H,The Dalai Lama

From one point of view we can say we have human bodies and are practicing the Buddha's teaching and are therefore much better than insects. But we can also say that insects are innocent and free from guile, where as we often lie and misrepresent ourselves in devious ways in order to misrepresent or better ourselves. From this perspective, we are much worse than insects.
(H.H.The Dalai Lama)

Traditionally in Buddhist teachings, to be human is the pinnacle of development on this world at least. Humans can become bodhisattvas and enlightened beings, where after one leaves the hell-realms, if one has had to go there, one moves up from insects to fish and birds, then to animals, unto one reaches the level of human being again. (I think I've got this correct, in a shortened fashion.) But I've often though in the fashion of H.H., and even wondered if, after achieving enlightenment, one might not become an insect or fish or bird or animal. They do not have the karmic consequences with which to deal that humans do. Just a though. But I agree with H.H.
Lady_Wu