View Single Post
Old 02-12-2021, 06:57 AM   #3
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,159 Times in 3,019 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Hmmm

Work just got more intense for me. I've had maybe two days when I worked from home due to potential exposure but other than that I've been in my office every day. Things are extra hard because all of the courts are closed or virtual and very selective so things like restraining orders, felony charges, evictions are damn near impossible which feeds domestic violence which makes my job extra intense. It's hard to get green cards and social security cards for individuals who are trying to get documented in the states so they are in a shitty limbo. I could go on. But the isolation and lack of resources makes things dangerous and mentally distressing to the vulnerable population I work with.

I pretty much just work and go home. Market when we need to, Lowes, Home Depot. I zoom yoga with my girlfriends on Saturdays. I hate yoga but I miss my friends so I Yoga with them. I really miss my family. I'm coming up on a year since I last hugged my mom and that's a really really long time for us. I haven't had 1:1 time with my nephews in over 6 months- just visits through a window. With this cold, those visits don't last long.

However, Daddy and I make good use of our time on the weekends. I'm learning woodworking and learning that I love creating that way. It's really exciting to think of a project and learn how to make it and make learning mistakes on the way and come out with something to be proud of. We planted a killer garden last summer and are making our plans for what to grow this year. Since we built the fence and garden beds and trellis last year, this year will be a lot easier to get going- just need to plant and maintain.

By the end of February we both will have received both COVID shots so, while we still need to be careful to protect others, we can be a little less concerned and hopefully get some social time with others who have been vaccinated.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post: