Is Grateful

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Engaged

Thanked 1,584 Times in 622 Posts
SassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST Reputation

YES and THANK YOU!

First walking in the Pride Parade this weekend with my employer (we had a big turnout 100+ people this year), and having supporters cheer for us as we walked by, then my friends cheering for me on the sidelines and then my honey giving me a big hug and smooch in front of everyone in my group walking...

And now this- outreach!!! Something I am so passionate about, for those who struggle with non-acceptance and discrimination and especially (for me) THE Youth!

...man I'm all warm and fuzzy.

I vote for >>SMYRC<<

Since 1998 SMYRC has created safety and support for LGBTQQ youth in Oregon, through youth empowerment, community building, education and direct services.

SMYRC is a program of non-profit Cascadia Behavioral Healthcare, Oregon's largest provider of community-based mental health and addictions treatment services.

SMYRC provides a safe, supervised, harassment-free, and alcohol- and drug-free space for sexual minority youth 23 and younger. Youth gather to participate in positive activities like art, music, community organizing, youth development, education, peer support, support groups, case management, counseling, and job readiness preparation.

SMYRC provides the only drop-in resource center for sexual minority youth in Oregon. We also bring safe space and developmentally appropriate programming to other youth environments through our community education and outreach efforts. SMYRC programs align with key youth development benchmarks, like increasing academic success, reducing poverty and preventing juvenile crime. The support that youth find at SMYRC helps them stay in school, become leaders in their communities, and make responsible personal decisions.
The Following User Says Thank You to SassyLeo For This Useful Post: