View Single Post
Old 09-03-2019, 06:24 PM   #801
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
The arteest formerly known as musicfemme.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Thanked 32,098 Times in 6,125 Posts
candy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopsie View Post
Okay I will admit I haven't done a lot of research but I'm feeling a little overwhelmed.

I bought some firm tofu. I googled how to cook it. It wants me to press the tofu. From what I can gather this means putting it between two cookie sheets. Is that right??

Also I have heard that tofu takes on the flavor of the sauce it's in. Do I cook it first and then put it in the sauce? Or do I marinate it and then cook it?

Wondering if a vegetarian could help me...
Wrap your tofu in paper towels, put it between two plates, put a super heavy book on top and leave it for a couple hours. Invert the top plate so both the "eating" sides are facing each other, if that makes sense.

That's the way I do it every time. Alternately, you could use cookie sheets but you really need something heavy on top to press it.

Alsi, yes--on its own tofu does not really have much flavor. You need to provide seasonings and it will take on the flavor of what you're cooking with.

My Patreon

My Website
candy_coated_bitch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post: