Old 04-18-2015, 02:49 PM   #563
Kent

How Do You Identify?:
Male
Relationship Status:
Single

Tournaments Won: 2

Thanked 2,058 Times in 720 Posts
Kent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST Reputation
Default FTM's and Transitioning

I've not really been around this site much in the last few months, almost a year, but I wanted to come in here and participate. I appreciate the guys who have transitioned before me talking about their experiences and sharing them with us here.

I started my transition February 2013 with my first dose of Testosterone. It was the best day of my life so far. It's been a life saver for me in terms of being happy with myself and who I am.

I went to court with the required documents in April 2013 and had my name legally changed without a lawyer. I obtained the documents off the website texaslawhelp.org. The Judge approved my name change in a little over an hour of dropping off the paperwork to his legal secretary.

March 2014, I went back to court with my name and gender marker change documents. I added my middle name which was my father's middle name and I had my gender marker changed. I had all the necessary documents I needed to legally change everything. Once again, no lawyer was needed. I dropped off my paperwork to the Judge himself this time, since his secretary was out of the office. He called me back in less than an hour and told me my order was ready and I could pick it up.

As soon as I picked up the order from the court, I went and changed my driver's license and social security card. Everyone was very professional and respectful while making these changes.

Now, I've got my house for sale. I'm about to go get top surgery. Life is good. I've never been happier.