Old 01-07-2018, 07:56 PM   #13
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Dominant Stone Butch Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 22,783 Times in 4,470 Posts
BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation

I feel very visible just walking around too. I think I pretty much fit the stereotype of butch dyke/lesbian, although I also don't think most people really get what butch is all that well.

If someone were to mistake me for being trans, it wouldn't bother me one bit since there's nothing wrong with being trans and someone could look exactly like me and be TG butch or trans and not have transitioned yet or not be on T. Butch lesbians/dykes can look all kinds of different ways just like anyone else.

I'm not worried about keeping some purified version of lesbian alive or being a gatekeeper. I do lesbian my way, you do it your way, and if you don't i.d. as lesbian that's cool too.

Sometimes kids ask me if I am a girl or boy. I tell them girl but don't make a big deal about it (lol it makes me laugh because I definitely don't relate to girl). I also don't correct them if they call me he. They figure it out in their own way, and I love that. I also love being around kids or other butches being around them to give them exposure to different types of people. Kids are fun to play with too.

I don't think I consciously go out of my way to increase visibility but when you are butch I think you kind of do anyway. Mostly, yeah I would like people to see us as regular human beings who work, go grocery shopping, pay our taxes, vote, etc. just like they do.

- Rainer Maria Rilke
BullDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post: