View Single Post
Old 04-19-2016, 10:07 AM   #3013
RanchHand

How Do You Identify?:
Gender Fluid

RanchHand Has the BEST ReputationRanchHand Has the BEST ReputationRanchHand Has the BEST ReputationRanchHand Has the BEST ReputationRanchHand Has the BEST ReputationRanchHand Has the BEST ReputationRanchHand Has the BEST ReputationRanchHand Has the BEST ReputationRanchHand Has the BEST ReputationRanchHand Has the BEST ReputationRanchHand Has the BEST Reputation
Default The Hike from Hell

On friday, three of us embarked on the hike from hell which ended monday. We averaged approximately 17 miles a day, carried 40 pound packs, went from 60 degrees to snow levels and back down to very warm weather. We had to carry all our food and water in which we brought too much food but it was great to know we had a very nice variety of food to choose from when we made camp. We slept in hammocks w/ tarps, left the tent behind, we had no connections (cell phones, GPS, nothing) and it was great!

Today, my legs feel like spaghetti. My back is a bit sore, everything else feels great. I fell two times, I took care of my injuries immeadiately which helped to finish the hike. Like I said above, we took too much food which adds weight, but we ate really well and with a great environment made for a great trip with my friends.
RanchHand is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RanchHand For This Useful Post: