Old 08-21-2018, 06:56 PM   #4005
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopsie View Post
Okay so I am a beginner's beginner at the gym. In other words I am very out of shape but you have to start somewhere. Today was my second day at the gym and I walked on the treadmill for 30 minutes at speed 1.5. I know that's very slow but when I got done my legs were noodly (is that a word?) so I know it was a good workout for me. However while I was working out I noted how slow I was going in relation to everyone else. I was the tortoise in a room full of hares. I was watching Chopped on the Food Network - how ironic - but of course I was also people watching. When I saw the apparently 85 year-old man running I was feeling a little bit down on myself. Then I remembered y'all's fun quotes! Thanks for the support!

I agree with easy. If you do too much too soon, you'll either injure yourself (thereby setting yourself back days or even weeks, depending on the injury) or you'll get overwhelmed and be done with it all (setting yourself back days, weeks or maybe longer). It happens. I've done it and it's not fun, so don't do that.

The tortoise won that race with the hare, btw. Like the quotes? Here's more!

Life isn't a sprint; it's a marathon. Slow and steady wins the race. You're only one workout away from a good mood. Every day is another chance to get stronger, eat better, live healthier and be the best version of you.

So walk that 1.5mph with pride. Next time you can either go another couple of minutes longer or walk 1.7 mph or bump up the incline just a smidge. But only ONE option. Only change ONE thing at a time to push yourself in a reasonable manner. Small changes make for big results over time.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post: