How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female ones
Relationship Status:
Single

1 Highscore

Thanked 8,587 Times in 1,857 Posts
Mopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post

I agree with easy. If you do too much too soon, you'll either injure yourself (thereby setting yourself back days or even weeks, depending on the injury) or you'll get overwhelmed and be done with it all (setting yourself back days, weeks or maybe longer). It happens. I've done it and it's not fun, so don't do that.

The tortoise won that race with the hare, btw. Like the quotes? Here's more!

Life isn't a sprint; it's a marathon. Slow and steady wins the race. You're only one workout away from a good mood. Every day is another chance to get stronger, eat better, live healthier and be the best version of you.

So walk that 1.5mph with pride. Next time you can either go another couple of minutes longer or walk 1.7 mph or bump up the incline just a smidge. But only ONE option. Only change ONE thing at a time to push yourself in a reasonable manner. Small changes make for big results over time.
I took your advice Coach Gemme - today I walked at speed 1.7 mph on the treadmill. I also remembered to take my inhaler before I worked out which made me feel quite speedy! Woo hoo! I went along pretty well until the last five minutes and then I was counting every second until I could get off the treadmill. But I feel really good about the workout - my legs were noodly but only al dente!
Mopsie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mopsie For This Useful Post: