View Single Post
Old 12-31-2019, 11:43 PM   #4809
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached to my boyfriend and future husband.

Thanked 31,991 Times in 9,939 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
Katz, it sounds like the calorie burn feature is way off, even if it's taking your total calorie burn for each day into consideration.

Here's a chart that breaks down the average caloric burn from a pedometer.

I'm working to increase my water intake as well and have done a lot of research on this! A good rule of thumb is to divide your weight in half and that's the amount of ounces you should be taking in daily. A 200 lb person should be drinking 100 ounces of water, 100% fruit juice and Gatorade (or other similar electrolyte drink) daily. If someone drinks something with caffeine (soda, tea, coffee), you need to drink 2 cups of water for every 1 cup of that beverage you take in because caffeine dehydrates you.

Also, and I think this part won't apply to you, Katz, as you tend to eat very healthy but eating fatty foods leaches water from your body as it takes more water to process the food and break it down. So those eating that type of food need even more water.
I think you are correct because A) I mis-quoted the number for the caloric burn (it's 2641, not 3641) and B) here is the copy and paste of how the Fitbit email stated it:

avg. daily calorie burn
▲ 713 cals. over last week

It's confusing. But I think your link to the pedometer conversion chart is spot on!

Thanks Doll!

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post: