EnderD_503

How Do You Identify?:
Queer, trans guy, butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Relationship

Thanked 3,907 Times in 1,032 Posts
EnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyson View Post
I get the impression that some think Queer people go through life saying, " Hi I am so and so and my entire life and identity is about being Queer. Pleased to meet you."
This is something I've been thinking a lot about, or maybe always have. I've never really been the "Hi my name is X and btw I'm queer how 'bout you?" type, only really seeing this as one part of my life and identity. But I'm finding that the longer I move through the world and come up against ignorance and resistance toward the lgbt community, the more I find that part of my life and identity comes to the forefront. It's certainly nowhere near being all there is to me, but the more the anger builds up against the ignorance I experience, the more that aspect of me becomes consciously visible.

It makes me think that perhaps many, even though resistant to being one of those you described above, are almost forced into being that way in part out of mounting irritation with the ignorance they encounter in every day life. This is a trait I consciously watch out for more and more, because I don't want to be so angry of a person that I feel the need to shove that rage down the throats of the ignorant, since I do think there are more productive ways of educating...at the same time you just find yourself wanting shatter limited world views.
EnderD_503 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EnderD_503 For This Useful Post: