Thread: Scam Alerts!
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2013, 04:45 PM   #3
deb_U_taunt

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 5,260 Times in 1,363 Posts
deb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputation

Other basics:

If a work from home opportunity requires you to open an account at a particular bank, you are being used as a money mule. (this also applies to sweetheart scams and online purchases)

If you receive a phone call, do a google search of the number. Yes, phone numbers can be spoofed, but most of the time the fraudster doesn't bother.

This sounds like basic common sense, but I am always amazed at how many people will reply to emails from what they think is their bank/credit card company/family member and give out personal and banking information.

Never rent from someone you have never met in person. They are not on a church mission or in the military.

I could go on and on. This is my work life.

OH

and delete emails, if you are hacked this is where the fraudster can get a lot of personal information.

Download GOOD virus protection, such a Trusteer. (which is free)

Last edited by deb_U_taunt; 08-06-2013 at 04:47 PM. Reason: addition
deb_U_taunt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to deb_U_taunt For This Useful Post: