Old 08-06-2013, 04:47 PM   #5
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,401 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

I learned at an early age that once it comes over your lips, you can't take it back. So I try to engage my brain before I open my mouth.

Most of the time I don't even realize I've hurt someone's feeling. In my case I think that sometimes what I have said may have been taken out of perspective. Then there are times when I go, crap I need to go make it right with so and so, I shouldn't have said that the way I did. So if I realize I've hurt someone's feelings, I make it right. Which usually consists of me asking them about the situation, them telling me how it made them feel and me apologizing for what I said and explaining what I really meant, or me wanting to kick myself because I can't take it back.

Then there are times, once in a great while when I'll be pushed past my point of no return and I'll let you have it and I don't care if it hurts your feelings or not. So I guess the moral to that story is don't push my buttons because I will, let you have it, if it hurts your feelings or not. You'll die from it or get over it....So build a bridge.

As for my feelings getting hurt, it rarely happens. I'm pretty tough skinned. I'll keep it in my craw and digest on it a bit. Eventually I'll either let it go or confront you about what you said that hurt my feelings. I carry my tools and lumber as well, so I can build a bridge and get over it. For the most part I live by the phrase "this to shall pass" and it normally does.

The best way to predict the future, is to create it.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post: