Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,662 Times in 7,652 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by C0LLETTE View Post
Yes. I did notice that. It is all too easy to become inured to that sort of commentary. You rarely see mention of Harvey Weinstein's not so "bit" girth.

Megan Ellison's personal success is probably also hard won in the face of accusations that it is entirely due to her father's money.

I was going to let that go but seeing you brought it up......yes a woman's success must be tempered by the men who made it all possible.

Did you like the story about her parents marriage and how Dad managed to stay involved after the divorce? (Isn't a Dad supposed to do that?)

And, of course no story about a woman's success would be complete without bringing her bro in the picture too.

Did we leave any males figures out i.e. the dog, the gardener, her male teachers, the milkman etc.

Notice their are no female figures who helped in this process - sperm supersedes womb I guess.

Sad, we as women, are socialized to do this from birth. This, too, is an example of internalized misogyny and sexism.

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post: