Old 03-09-2014, 07:54 AM   #1214
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,763 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Yesterday was a banner day! I was off and felt pretty relaxed as I went to the gym. I spent a little over an hour there and wound up drinking my whole water bottle (I haven't done that in a while.....proves I worked extra hard).

My usual treadmill was out of order so I took the one directly behind it on the back of the treadmill row. I don't prefer that row because of the layout of the gym. My last home gym had the treadmills in the back so if you were on the back row, only the wall saw your tush wiggling and swinging. This gym is much smaller and has their cardio in the center of the building with the weight machines wrapped around, like a border. I tend to feel exposed when I work out and people are walking right behind me, which can sometimes affect my workout. Not yesterday, though.

It was time for a good one and I was ready and willing to put the effort in. I used the random program and started at level 7 and a speed of 1.8 mph, which I continuously bumped up as I warmed up. I wound up at 3.1 mph for my walking and climbing segments.

For those that haven't taken advantage of this feature on the treadmills they use, the random feature is just that....random. It'll move the incline up and down on its own and factor in rest periods for you whenever it feels like it. During those rest periods of an incline 1.5 and below, I took to doing sprints. They never lasted long.....a minute at the most and I ran between 5.0 and 5.8 mph....so I was getting adequate interval training in.

Throughout the workout, I bumped up the level a few times until I reached level 11. That gave me lots of climbing at 6.0 incline and up but still a handful of rest periods where the incline reduced to about 1.5 or so. I learned long ago not to do incline and speed at the same time, so I only ran during the low incline stages of the program and that worked out really well.

In the end, I was on it for 65 minutes, including warm up and down, and I wound up burning almost 500 calories and went nearly 4 miles. I am very happy with that workout.

Today I'm going to hit the gym after work and see how it goes. I might play with weights today.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post: