Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,621 Times in 3,976 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

I would disagree with you, Gemme, because while the white person who said this might have "meant" that color doesnt matter in the dark, that we are all the same in the dark, what I heard is that the darkness brings "up" what is "down" and "down" what is "up" and equalizes the standards of equality between races.

Said from the up position...people in the down position could feel very downed by these words.

Why?

I am not a POC but I am a plain woman and I have to tell you how insulting it is to me when someone says they are all the same in the dark when they refer to physical beauty. I am not an American Standard of Beauty Barbie Doll. I am indeed,a plain woman. I am not needing any "oh but your beauty is in the inside" comments. I know I am beautiful outside the realm of the American Standards of Beauty. Dont need stroking. But it pisses me off when people say plain women are as good as beautiful women in bed when the lights are off because this further defines me as not beautiful in its attempt to make me beautiful. It actually defeats its purpose.

Same with fucking a POC in the dark is the same as fucking a white woman in the Dark. It DOESNT equalize them. It further defines them as inequals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
Hi, deeper.

I know, for some folks, color doesn't matter. Really and truly. Those folks, however, are far and few in between the rest of us.

Color absolutely matters, in every way, in the light or the dark.

I can see how perhaps that person meant it...in that, if you are fucking someone you are fucking them, regardless of their color. I suppose that's how they meant it. Not knowing them and not being there in the moment puts me at a disadvantage though.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post: