Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 5/27/2011
Preferred Pronoun?:
hy ho, hy ho; he, she, it, whatever
Relationship Status:
Going slow ...

Thanked 2,958 Times in 953 Posts
waxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeperstill View Post
Gemme--did you just change your location?! *giggles*

To all: thanks for your thoughts. i needed the check because i was, as usual, the only person of color in the room, and the only femme to boot, and prior to the comment i describe above, a different butch made a remark about queers not "passing" in society. I had to remind the room that i was a femme (surprised looks ALL AROUND) and that i usually pass (unless i try really hard NOT to). sigh.

Anyway, made me think maybe i was being overly sensitive....thanks for the reality check
Deeper,
These are the types of things said, IMHO and experience, by white "liberals" (as opposed to "progressive", or more informed thinkers). The often seen *satisfied* expression on their faces is a reflection of their (delusional) *good deed*, and their interior pat on the back.

I find approaching people who think these ways problematic SOMETIMES. Other times, sitting down with them privately and telling them that what they said, and I am sure to point out that they meant well (I think in a misguided sense, they do), what they said is a problem, and explain why.

There is the funny, yet very damning utterance by Organic. WHEN the lights are off begs the question of WHEN they are on. Moreover, the statement falls into that faulty homogeneity of "same"ness. And, we are not all the same.

Corkey is damn right. Being a submissive does not mean that you have to be silent while being publicly humiliated about your race. And, since I don't run with the herd in the life, I don't think that you should take it by your Top/Owner either unless you've negotiated this ahead of time. This is simply My opinion ...
waxnrope is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to waxnrope For This Useful Post: